Thursday, November 29, 2012

The WARTUSK is truly my first fray into the tactical sphere, and i have to say it's a great honor knowing some soldier will receive my knife. 

Over bulding a knife for added strength was something new for me.  Often times i'll try to make a knife as light as possible seeing as i have a fascination for 18th century cutlery( back then most EDC's were rather thin). 

For the specs:
Blade :  6"  (11 1/2"OAL)
Steel  :  1084 (differentially heat treated)
Handle : Micarta ( with flared brass tube)
Sheath : Kydex w/ teklock





Time permitting i might just make a few more of these.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is one of your best efforts/designs. Bill, Columbia, S.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rustyboy, I also hammer forge my blades as thin as possible & do the final finish on a belt machine(Bader). On most of my knives, the hammer marks can be seen/felt, although the blade may be polished to 1000 or a 1500 grit finish. I try to make each knife feel "light" in the hand & do a flat or hollow grind.......or a combination w/a hollow grind on one side of the blade. Bill, Columbia, S.C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are knives important for survival? You bet it is. Investing in an excellent one is both prudent and wise. Learn how to choose the best ones by reading reviews and asking your friends about what they use and their recommendations. For me stainless blade are the best, but I also make sure that the handle is not slippery to avoid accidental cuts. For more information, take a look at this site: http://myoutdoorslife.com/gear/camping-and-hiking/best-fixed-blade-knives.html

    ReplyDelete